Woodhead Entertainment’s first comedic short, Favre: Rise, was a viral hit.
Favre: Rise was Woodhead Entertainment’s first short: a parody mashup of the Lebron James’ “Rise” Nike Commercial and the Brett Favre “sexting” scandal. It went on to receive over 4 million views online and was featured on ESPNews. The short was very well received by dozens of major blogs and websites. Here are a few:
“It’s well-written, well-produced and well-acted [by Sean Carrigan as an uncanny Brett Favre] — really, it’s the most well-executed parody we’ve seen in some time.” -HyperVocal.com
“It’s nothing but hilarious and genius.” -BleacherReport.com
“Production values are high, comedic content is plentiful. The guys who made it should be making movies.” -NBCSports.com
“There are times when parodies are poorly done. Often, the ideas are great but they sorely lack in execution. But we can say without a shadow of a doubt that this Brett Favre parody is possibly the greatest one we’ve ever seen.” -Guyism.com
- Brett Favre: Sean Carrigan
- Directed by: Tony Yacenda.
- Written and Produced by: Dan Perrault and Tony Yacenda.
- Executive Producer: James Snyder.
- Producer: Ethan Rosenberg.
- Cinematography by: Alex Disenhof.
- Associate Producer: Matt Dahan.
- Sound Design by: Sam Ejnes.